Dear President Obama,
Once again you have asked us about changing American policy and the direction this country should take. Your “Ask Obama” forum sponsored by YouTube promises to take questions from the American people on the issues they find most important in terms of national policy.
When you did this in 2010 you heard from us loud and clear about marijuana law reform. We asked about re-scheduling cannabis to allow medical marijuana to flourish, decriminalizing marijuana to end thousands of arrests, legalizing pot to raise tax revenue, ending prohibition to cripple Mexican drug traffickers, regulating cannabis to keep it out of kids’ hands, reforming drug laws to re-prioritize police resources, embracing industrial hemp as a truly green energy source, and using science, not politics, to dictate our drug policy.
And you flat-out ignored us, despite those questions dominating in both quantity and popularity.
When you did this in 2009 you got the same response from the public. That time you didn’t ignore us; you just laughed at us (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFmGu57jLI).
We know you’re a busy man and there are many pressing issues facing this country. So we took the time to review the Top 100 questions on the “Ask Obama” site just now and condense each one into a few words so you could get an idea what the country is voting on.
Understand that this is not the list that appears when one clicks on the site. This list is compiled by choosing “All Questions” and then choosing “Sorted by popularity”. When one first visits the site, one of seven random topics including Jobs & Economy, Foreign Policy & National Security, Health Care, Education, Immigration, Energy and Environment, and Other, is presented in “Sorted by what’s hot” order, so it isn’t as if a certain topic becomes popular and then gets more popular because more random visitors are exposed to it.
So here they are, out of 97,344 people who have submitted 77,551 questions and cast 826,973 votes, these are the Top 100 Questions (as of Tuesday, 10pm Pacific). I’ve taken the liberty of color-coding questions about the Drug War in white, questions about you ignoring our questions about the Drug War in yellow, and questions that are not about the Drug War in red.
- Alt Design Summit: | Sensibly Styled
- Acetal Sheet, White, 1/2? Thick, 12? Width, 12? Length …
- MissInfo.tv » Wiz Khalifa Announces New Album Title & Release Date
- postfix-2.9-20110125.src.rpm » KutuKupret
- What is the length and width of an eye chart? | health knowledge
- Alt Collage… « Simply Grove
- Yglesias » Growth and the Middle Class
- Yglesias » Rahm on Transportation Policy
- Drinkable Marijuana?
- Emmanuelle Alt Interview – Vogue Paris Changes | Styleite
- 2011 SRC Winter Series 2 – six3events :: See Yourself
- ALT recap and why making it happen has never been more exciting …
- PDO MySQLi MySQL Class – PHP Classes
- Eight Steps to Get Over Post-Alt Summit Depression : Old Sweet Song
- Input width vs Button width – oBlurb
- Want to increase your height? | Niche Volumes
- Try these different Ways to Increase Height | Niche Volumes
- How to set width and height in a java applet? | Linux Apache MySQL …
- Labour's tax policy | Kiwiblog
- Labour's new policy – free hair dye | Kiwiblog